GEP Exams Terms & Conditions
(Applicable to candidate taking the online GEP Exam at iTestEnglish.com)
Version 1.1 – January 1st. 2018
I understand that if the details on this form are not completed my Application may not be processed.
A copy of this Terms & Conditions MUST be given to the Candidate, at the time of filing of the application form. It is important that the candidate reads and fully understands the applicable test related rules & regulations given hereunder;
- Exam Owner: The GEP Exam is owned by Global Language Training (GLOBAL).
- Authorised Centre: This refers to the Authorised Exam Centre as approved by GLOBAL also referred to as the “Centre”
- Eligible Age: The GEP Exam is made available worldwide to all persons, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality or religion but is not recommended for children under 5 years of age.
- No ID No Exam Policy: All candidates MUST BRING with them THE ORIGINAL VALID AND APPROVED IDENTIFICATION (ID) ON THE DAY OF THE TEST. If the candidates DO NOT BRING the ID in original, on the Exam day, THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT THE EXAM. The candidates MUST CARRY WITH THEM THE ID, IN ORIGINAL FOR THE SPEAKING TEST also.
- Identification Document (ID): A valid Passport, a National ID is currently treated as the approved ID. In case the candidate does not possess a valid passport or a National ID, but needs to sit the GEP Exam, the candidate may be allowed to sit the Exam, with an alternate photo ID. The candidate MUST check with Centre about which alternative photo ID can be accepted before completing the application. It is clarified, that a school/college/university photo ID will NOT be accepted. A clear photocopy of the ID must be submitted along with the application form.
- Validity of the Identification Document (ID): The ID that is submitted by the candidate and accepted by the centre, MUST be valid as on the date of the Exam. If the validity of ID submitted by the candidate expires before the date of the Exam, the candidate WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to sit the Exam, the candidate will be treated as NO SHOW and no refund will be admissible in such case.
- Arrangements for Special Needs: The GLOBAL Authorised Exam Centre will try its best to arrange for the special needs (such as Visual difficulties, Hearing difficulties, Specific Learning difficulties i.e. Dyslexia) of an applicant as requested and as per the details provided in the application form, supported by necessary Medical Certificate. In certain circumstances, the requirements may take long processing time. It is therefore suggested that the applicant discusses with the test centre such requirement prior to submitting the application form. GLOBAL and the Centre would try their best to make such arrangements, but do not guarantee fulfillment of such requests at all times.
- Application Form & Information: Application form, completed in all respects will only be considered. Incomplete applications will be rejected. The details on the application form are collected for the purpose of the GEP Exam and that these details may be disclosed to, processed and stored by GLOBAL and the Centre for the purpose of Exam administration and that these details and the Exam results will be disclosed by GLOBAL on the verification site and to those academic institutions or other recognizing bodies to whom the applicant submits enrolment application, for the purpose of allowing such institutions or entities to verify the results of the Exam. If GLOBAL discover that a false or altered Result has been provided to any of these institutions or entities, GLOBAL may inform the same and provide them with the applicant’s personal details. The personal details of the applicant may be processed in an anonymous form for statistical and research purposes by GLOBAL and/or the Centre.
- Exam Booking: The Exam application forms will be accepted by the Centre on a first‐come‐first‐served basis. Exam seats are limited and the registration will close for a particular Exam, when all seats are booked or as decided by the Centre. The decision of the Centre will be final and binding on all candidates.
- Exam Fee: The Exam fee is fixed by the Centre and communicated to the candidates from time to time. The fee is subject to change, as per the decisions of the Centre and would be final and binding on all candidates.
- Payment: All Payments, for Exam fee, Transfer / Shifting (i.e. Postponement / Pre‐ponement) must be paid to the Centre as per the payment details provided by the Centre.
- Direct Application: If a candidate applies directly online at the i Test English website (www.itestenglish.com) then he/she MUST pay the Exam fee online using Debit / Credit card or Paypal. The candidate agrees to pay a handling charge over and above the Exam fee while paying by credit card, Debit Card or Paypal.
- Allotment of Exam Date: Date will be allotted, based on the choice provided by the applicant in his / her application form or as selected while completing the online registration. However, in case the requested date is not available the candidate will be notified of the next available date, which if acceptable to the candidate will be allotted else the application will be returned to the candidate. The Centre may alter/ modify/merge Exam dates at its sole discretion and in absence of a minimum number of candidates on an Exam date or due to any logistic/operational issues. The decision of the Centre will be final and binding on the applicant. The candidate will be offered an alternate Exam date in case of cancellation of an Exam date. However, if the candidate does not wish to sit the Exam on such alternate date offered by the centre, the candidate may apply for a refund. Full refund, in this case, will be offered.
- Information provided by the Applicant: The candidate takes full responsibility for the correctness of the information provided in the application form. Any information found to be incorrect at any stage will automatically lead to cancellation of the Exam and the result. The fee paid for such Exam will stand forfeited.
- Speaking Exam: The Speaking Exam will be conducted as per a Speaking Exam window approved by GLOBAL. The test may be conducted online or face‐to‐face on the same day or prior to or after the test date of Listening, Reading and Writing test. The applicant MUST check his / her Speaking test schedule 4 days prior to the test date, by logging on to the I Test English website www.itestenglish.com and going into the "Exam Taker" section. Alternately, the candidate can also check the same from the Centre.
- Request for Transfer of Exam Date: A request for transfer of Exam date (i.e. postponement or preponement) to another date will be entertained as per the "Exam Date Transfer & Cancellation Policy", in effect at the time of such request and as modified from time to time. The decision of the Centre, would be final and binding on the applicant. An administrative fee will be charged.
- Request for Withdrawal / Cancellation: All applications for withdrawal/cancellation will be entertained as per the "Exam Date Transfer & Cancellation Policy", in effect at the time of such request and as modified from time to time. The decision of the Centre, would be final and binding on the applicant. An administrative fee will be charged.
- No Show / Absent on Exam Day: In case an applicant fails to report on the Exam date, his / her application will be treated as cancelled, and the candidate will lose their full Exam fee and NO REFUND would be possible. The decision of the Centre, would be final and binding on the applicant.
- Exam day photograph: All candidates taking the The GEP Exam will have their photo taken on the day of the Exam. This increases the security of the Exam and will help organisations such as universities, employers and immigration authorities to confirm your result quickly and easily. No‐one will be able to access your picture unless you give them access to it. All photos taken on the Exam day are treated as confidential, like all your other information. Your photo is stored by GLOBAL and is only visible on the secure Results Verification website. This website is used by universities, immigration authorities and other professional organisations to verify a candidate’s result. You choose which organisation can see your photo, by giving them your ID number and the password which is provided to you by the Centre.
- Malpractice: The Centres will strictly deal with any malpractice(s) adopted by the candidate, including Impersonation, Tampering / Adjusting seating plan with malpractice in mind, copying / collusion, disrupting the Exam in any manner, removing or copying or attempting to remove or copy any Exam material from the Exam room, doing anything that might in any manner damage the integrity and security of the The GEP Exam, as per guidelines of GLOBAL and the local law of the land. The Exam taken by such candidates will be CANCELLED and the candidate will be DISQUALIFIED. The candidate can also be liable to prosecution and may be prohibited from taking the GEP Exam in future, as per the decision of the Centre and law of the land, which will be binding on the candidate.
- Results: The Exam 'Results’ will normally be posted online on the I Test English website (www.itestenglish.com) on the 14th Day of The GEP Exam. The same will be dispatched by GLOBAL to the Centre one week later.
- Delay in results: GLOBAL takes all necessary steps to release the results within the stipulated period. However, in view of the quality assurance audits, including re‐checking etc., in some cases, the results may be delayed. Candidates will be informed by Email as provided on the application form about such delay including the revised result release date, by the Centre. GLOBAL and/or the Centre will not be held responsible for any delays that may be caused in view of such quality assurance activities and no claims or refunds would be entertained.
- Withheld results: In some cases and as a result of quality assurance activities, Exam Day complaints leading to an investigation, the results may be required to be withheld and these results may be released later and in phases after necessary verification/investigations have been completed.
- Result Validity: The results are valid for two years. However, the candidates are advised to check with the receiving body / accepting body, institution, visa office, immigration office etc. regarding the validity as they may set their own validity period.
- Enquiry on Results (EOR) – Re‐mark: The results conveyed by GLOBAL will be final. However, the applicant may apply for an Enquiry on Result (EOR) – Re‐mark of their Exam results, if they so desire. Please check with the Centre, regarding the procedure for applying for EoR, when to apply and the fee charged.
- Exam Terms and Conditions: Once an application is submitted, it will be assumed that the applicant has read and understood all the terms and conditions herein. The terms and conditions can be modified and/or changed as deemed fit, by the Centre and GLOBAL, without giving prior notice. Such modified terms and conditions once communicated to the applicant would be applicable and binding on the applicant.
- Errors & Omissions: GLOBAL and the Centre will take full precautions that the Exam procedures, administering of the Exam and declaring of results are handled as per the set guidelines and in the most professional manner and that, no errors or omissions are committed. However, in case any errors or omissions are reported/brought to the notice by the applicant, the same would be taken up and necessary action / remedial measures would be undertaken. The decision of GLOBAL and/or Centre in such case will be final and binding on the applicant. No claims or compensation of any nature would be entertained / applicable
Declaration by the candidate.
I wish to be admitted for a GEP Exam at the Centre for the date stated in my form. I understand that this is an electronically submitted form and needs no signature and I understand that by completing this form I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions and confirm my acceptance to abide by them.